Friday, March 12, 2010

Baked Chicken with Fennel and Apples


Yesterday, as I was scrolling through past posts, I came to realize that I cook with cheese a lot. Wednesday night in the quiche, Tuesday night in the mashed potatoes, last week in the polenta.....you get the picture. So, while choosing a recipe for last night's dinner I purposely set out to find something with no melted, cheesy goodness.

Another goal was to find something that didn't take much time to prepare because I also had to make Shortbread for my third grade son's class. They are finishing up their geography unit on Scotland. I was given a specific recipe, I hope they have nice cold cartons of milk to wash those cookies down!

I found this recipe in the November 2009 issue of Everyday Food. Yum, yum, yum, I thought this was delicious. The fennel, shallots, and sage leaves were amazing coated in all the juices from the chicken. The only change I would make is to cook the apples longer and cut them into smaller pieces.

My eldest loved the chicken and apples, the other stuff got pushed around on his plate. As for my youngest, not a great night for him. Let's just say his behavior at the dinner table was less than exemplary and leave it at that!

No comments:

Post a Comment