Friday, February 26, 2010

Cauliflower and Caramelized Onion Tart


Thanks to Smitten Kitchen for another delicious recipe. This is a truly decadent tart, the vegetables take a back seat to a tasty triumverate of cheeses. Mascarpone, Gruyère, and Parmesan, oh my!

I first read this recipe last week. I knew I had to have truffle salt to do it justice. My sister has a jar and has raved about it. I immediately called Williams Sonoma, but they were out of stock. So much for instant gratification, I had to order it online. It was finally delivered on Wednesday. Thursday's dinner was planned.

I realized early in my preparations that this was going to be time consuming, so we served the boys an early dinner of Mac and Cheese (which I refuse to buy anymore but it magically shows up in the cabinet when hubby and the boys go to the grocery store unchaperoned).



Sous chef and I enjoyed a late dinner while catching up on the horrors of the Top 24 on American Idol. I limited myself to one small slice of tart, sous chef had seconds. I reheated another small slice for lunch on Friday and noticed the mustard more than I did the night before. I love what the truffle salt brought to this, a little does go a long way in providing an earthy layer of flavor. A worthy investment at $28 a bottle!

1 comment:

  1. This looks so good! I can't believe the ingredient list though...my my my.

    ReplyDelete