Saturday, February 6, 2010

Dinner Last Night: Spaghetti and Meatballs


We went Italian for last night's international meal. My oldest son had a friend sleep over, so instead of trying my hand at Eggplant Parmesan, I played it safe. This is my second time making this wonderful sauce , found at Smitten Kitchen. I love that site! The sauce is basic, but delicious. I kept it simple for the kids, but I could see adding mushrooms, spinach, etc. I did have some turkey meatballs from Harris Teeter in the freezer, they were a nice addition. One of these days I will try making my own, I haven't been too successful in the past.

All three of the kids seemed to enjoy this and the garlic bread on side. They deserved their dessert! I should have whipped up some tiramisu, but I couldn't resist making these again. The kids were glad I did!

1 comment:

  1. I tried this sauce also and it is so basic and pure. This is going to be my go-to sauce for pasta from now on. I added sauteed onion and garlic, basil and a touch of dried oregano. Served it over purline which is my favorite new pasta.

    ReplyDelete