Friday, February 19, 2010

A Simple Roast Chicken


This chicken was so delicious! The skin (my favorite part) was perfectly seasoned and crisp while the meat was juicy. This recipe is courtesy of Thomas Keller of The French Laundry and Bouchon. I spent some time, yesterday, exploring the websites of these restaurants and was ready to jump on a plane to California. Then I discovered there are cookbooks I can order!

I did not add the thyme to the pan juices or put the butter on the chicken. It really did not need it. Salt and pepper was enough. I think it is important to find a small organic bird, there is a difference in flavor.



Old Bay roasted sweet potatoes and greens with a french vinaigrette rounded out the plate.

Old Bay Roasted Sweet Potatoes

3 medium sweet potatoes, scrubbed and cut into 1 inch pieces
1 T. extra-virgin olive oil
1 1/2 t. Old Bay seasoning

Preheat oven to 450°. On a rimmed baking sheet, toss potatoes with olive oil and Old Bay. Bake until potatoes are deep golden brown on all sides, about 30 min, flipping halfway through.

No comments:

Post a Comment