Thursday, February 25, 2010

Kid's Choice: BLT Salad


The boy's requested BLT's this week. My first thoughts were to just make sandwiches and come up with something interesting to serve on the side. The more I thought about it, I realized I didn't want a sandwich for dinner, so I did a bit of research and came across this recipe for the salad.

I was worried the news of a salad would elicit groans from the kids, but I was pleasantly surprised. They thought it sounded good.

The salad was very easy to prepare. I did not cook the bacon in the oven for two reasons. I had only a tiny scrap of parchment and it saved time to do it on the stove so that I could do the croutons in the oven at the same time. The dressing is delicioius, next time I'd like to add some crumbled blue cheese. The croutons hold up well once the salad is dressed. My husband came home from class close to two hours after we ate and the croutons still had some crunch. I kept the bacon separate.



This is one of my cats, Mimi. I think she can smell bacon from a mile away, she loves it. Mimi is a very spoiled kitty, but not so spoiled that she has her own spot at the dinner table! Thankfully, she didn't manage to eat off of my plate and she was shooed away after I snapped her photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment