Thursday, March 11, 2010

Grilled Flank Steak with Sautéed Portabella and Cremini Mushrooms


Spring was in the air Tuesday. Here in Charlotte, it was sunny and 70°. Inspired by the warmth, I ventured out and tried to make a dent in the weeds that have taken over my flower beds. It cheered me to find some perennials starting to poke out of the ground, searching for the sun through all the weeds.

Nice warm days seem to make me crave grilled meat, so this recipe immediately popped into my mind. We have made this many times, more for the mushrooms than for the steak. Not that the steak isn't good, it's that the mushrooms are fabulous. I served this with Goat Cheese Mashed Potatoes and steamed zucchini and yellow squash.

This is not the most kid friendly dish in my house. My oldest son was recovering from a second bout with a stomach bug so I didn't have to worry about his aversion to balsamic vinegar, he had soup. My youngest did his best. He ate some steak, veggies, and potatoes, but wouldn't go near the mushrooms. More for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment