Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Grilled Rosemary Garlic Shrimp


Saturday was an absolutely beautiful day here in Charlotte. After an early morning baseball scrimmage, we spent most of the day, hard at work, in the back yard. My husband revved up the chain saw to clean up in preparation for a new fence. I continued to attack the weeds that had taken over my flower beds and grown in the cracks of my patio. My intention was to have this grilled shrimp Saturday night, but by the time I made it inside to double check the recipe it was close to 4:00pm. The shrimp is supposed to marinate for at least 4 hours and I hadn't even been to the grocery store yet. I decided, instead, to whip up some Nachos that we could eat while watching basketball and postponed the shrimp plans until Sunday.

Sunday was not as nice as Saturday. The rain started mid morning, I had the pleasure of sitting through a Tee Ball practice in it. The shrimp was marinating. Rain or shine, Sous Chef was going to have to go out and grill it!



It kept on raining, but we managed a delicious dinner anyway. I served the shrimp with a wild rice blend and asparagus. The kids liked this. Only rice was left on their plates. My youngest especially enjoyed squeezing lemon juice all over his plate.

No comments:

Post a Comment