Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Dinner Tonight: Kid's Choice


Tonight I let my five year old choose dinner. He requested Nachos. Not the fancy pulled pork nachos I made a couple weeks ago, but my weeknight version. The kids love these. I brown a pound of ground turkey and use a packet of McCormick's low sodium taco seasoning. Then I layer chips, meat, beans (black or red kidney), and cheese in a baking dish, and bake at 350 until the cheese is melted all the way through. After baking, I throw some lettuce and chopped tomatoes on top and serve with salsa, sour cream, and guacamole.



I didn't get much help with the preparation, but I did have some company in the kitchen. He looks thrilled, doesn't he?

2 comments:

  1. Dang, I want to come to kids night dinners! Tell Dylan I told him to smile. Looks delicious. And your pics look wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. man, this blog makes me so hungry. and so jealous. i wish i had time to cook beautiful dinners every night! boo hooo.....
    -kate

    ReplyDelete