Friday, January 22, 2010

Dinner Tonight: Huevos Rancheros


Friday nights from now on are International Night in our household. We started with Mexican fare. I have been craving breakfast for dinner for some time, so Huevos Rancheros it was!

I followed the recipe for the sauce and the method for cooking the tortillas and the eggs, but added some toppings. Since we were having this for dinner and some (my husband) felt it needed to be more filling, I added black beans, avocado, and cheese. Some other recipes I looked at called for queso fresco, which I could not find in Harris Teeter. I used crumbled goat cheese, the mild flavor and texture lent itself nicely to the rest of the ingredients.

Though faced with chipotle, the kids didn't mind the sauce. I think they were more weirded out by sunny side up eggs, they are used to scrambled. Both gave a valiant effort, they ate more than I anticipated. The adults, as usual, were pleased.

You may have read about my camera difficulties last night due to my broken lens. I received my new lens this afternoon and I am very pleased so far. I'd like to send a very special Thank You!!! to my cousin who has helped my photography immensely. My pictures are brighter and sharper than ever!

Happy Weekend All!

No comments:

Post a Comment