Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Dinner Tonight: Roasted Garlic Soup with Parmesan Cheese



This creamy garlic soup recipe was recommended to me a few years ago by my sister, and has been a favorite ever since. I had two excellent reasons to prepare this tonight. One was to finally make my cold go away (it's been a successful remedy in the past) and two was to use my new immersion blender, thoughtfully given to me by my mother-in-law for Christmas.

Forty-four cloves of garlic, yes forty-four, are in this soup. Twenty-six are roasted and the other 18 are sautéed and then all are simmered in broth with onions and thyme. The result is a really mellow garlic flavor.

The immersion blender worked like a charm. It pureed the onions and garlic perfectly and clean up was a breeze. Far more convenient than using the regular blender and having to blend in batches.

I served the soup with a salad of baby lettuces, cucumber, and heirloom cherry tomatoes and a piece of olive and herb filone, a delicious crusty italian bread.


If you find yourself with a cold that just won't go away, try this soup!

No comments:

Post a Comment