Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Read This: Food Rules


Seeing Michael Pollan interviewed by John Stewart on the Daily Show last week sparked my interest in this book. I picked it up yesterday and read it in a little over an hour. The rules Pollan lays out are direct and easily attainable. My top three are, avoid food products containing ingredients that a third-grader cannot pronounce, it's not food if it arrived through the window of you car, and don't eat breakfast cereals that change the color of the milk. Simple, right?

I'll be the first to admit that convenience sometimes disrupts the healthy eating goals I set for myself and my family. In the hour it took to read, Food Rules has changed the way I think about dieting, grocery shopping, and eating out. If you are looking to take steps to improve your eating habits and health read this book!

No comments:

Post a Comment