Thursday, January 14, 2010

Dinner Tonight: Island Pork Tenderloin Salad


Tonight, I had a pork tenderloin left over in the fridge from the nachos Saturday night. When I was searching through recipes, this inspired me. I felt these flavors could transport us from this rare cold spell we've been suffering to a warm tropical place.

I'd like to say it was a success. The pork, rubbed with spices and then glazed with even more spice (Tabasco) and sweetness (dark brown sugar) and was laid atop a bed of greens accented with avocado, orange, and golden raisins. There was a nice balance of sweet, spice, and acid in this salad. I was worried the Tabasco in the pork glaze would turn the kids off immediately, but they didn't seem bothered by it. My oldest almost cleaned his plate and thanked us for a great dinner. My youngest gobbled up the avocados and the fruit and ate some of the pork. He said he liked it.....

We halved the original recipe, which serves six to eight and says to serve on a platter. This would be perfect for entertaining. the pork can be cold, my only advice would be, wait until right before serving to dress the greens and cut the avocado. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment