Friday, January 15, 2010

Dinner Tonight: Tilapia and Mashed Yams with Pancetta-Sage Breadcrumbs


TGIF! Tonight is the start of a three day weekend for everyone in my family. To get it started as soon as possible, I found this nice and easy tilapia recipe. Especially easy for me because I could harvest sage from my herb garden and I had breadcrumbs in the freezer left over from the amazing lamb dish we made for New Years Eve, pre blog. The breadcrumbs thawed quickly and were ready to go.

This was my first time preparing tilapia. The small, thin fillets sautéed in butter were ready in a flash. We placed them on a pile of the sweet potatoes and sprinkled the pancetta-sage breadcrumbs all over the plate. The breadcrumbs added a great crunchy texture to the plate and all the flavors worked well together.

Based on the ease and quickness of preparing this meal, I believe it is a great weeknight meal. Nothing better than easy and delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment