Monday, January 18, 2010

Dinner Tonight: Lasagna with Homemade Pasta


For Christmas in 2008, my husband gave me the pasta roller attachment for my Kitchen Aid mixer. Tonight was the first time we used it! I have wanted to try it for a long time now, but I think I was intimidated. Not anymore, it's fun and easy.

My youngest son had been requesting lasagna all week. I use a very basic recipe for lasagna as an outline. I will sometimes use ground turkey or Italian sausage instead of beef and I double the garlic and add a few shakes of crushed red pepper flakes into the ricotta mixture. I've always wanted to add spinach or mushrooms, but know that the kids would turn their nose up at it. Tonight I was able to sneakily add spinach, directly into the pasta!



We all thought dinner was delicious! I can't wait to make spaghetti!

No comments:

Post a Comment