Friday, March 5, 2010

Scallops Provençale


Thyme was my inspiration ingredient yesterday. I had a bunch left over from the Salmon we made on Sunday. When you type thyme into the search field on Epicurious, 1391 recipes come up. I was short on time, I needed to narrow it down a bit more. Tomatoes Provençale came to mind, I've been wanting to make them for a long time. Amazingly, no recipe for Tomatoes Provençale appeared, but this recipe did.

The sous chef loves scallops. The kids, not so much. They were lucky our meal was not too complicated to prepare and that I was in a short order cook kind of mood. A truly rare occasion. When at the grocery store I grabbed them a can on Chicken Noodle-Os and planned on making them Cheese and Bacon Toasties.

I served the scallops over Parmesan Polenta. It was a really nice meal, light and clean flavors. It helped that I cooked the scallops perfectly. Yes, I am patting myself on the back.

1 comment:

  1. Well, you have officially inspired me! I'm going to try this one tonight, with cod instead of scallops. Last night I did the shrimp/orzo dish which of course did not look as pretty as yours but did taste quite nice. thanks for getting me back in the kitchen! keep it coming!!

    ReplyDelete