Friday, March 26, 2010

Spicy Garbanzo Bean and Turkey Sausage Soup


With the rising temperatures, soup season (for me at least) is coming to an end. One last pot was my goal last night. While searching soup recipes on Epicurious, I discovered that on the left side of the screen you can narrow your search so it just shows you the healthy recipes. That left me with 253 options!

I chose Spicy Garbanzo Bean and Turkey Sausage Soup. We fed the kids early, I knew jalapeños and spicy sausage would not be popular. The soup was very good. The only change to the recipe I made was to not use all of the liquid from the beans. It is loaded with sodium, and the soup was fine without it. The lemon juice added the perfect amount of acidity to balance all of the flavors and the texture and flavor of the avocado slices were a nice touch.

As I type, my stomach is growling for the left overs. Sadly, I have no more avocado, it will still be yummy without it.

No comments:

Post a Comment